Tuesday, March 17, 2015

SU-2 Light Soviet Bomber WW2 - NEW BUILD WIP

Well, the FB group has started a new group build, which I liked the topic ANY BOMBER ANY ERA.  I have a Soviet SU-2 early model that I am building for this.  Not crazy about the standard camo, but I will need to brain storm this a bit. 

The model detail on the outside is nice.  It is a Zvezda kit.  I have heard horror stories about this brand, but they do offer nice subjects.  The panel and rivet detail is ok, but not too deep into the plastic, but the cockpit is CRAP! Here is what I have so far:
Box Art

freaking small pieces

Gaps!!!
Tried to fill gaps with liquid putty

I never understand why some companies don't think their injection mark locations better. 


Fit issues?

Trying to make it fit right.

 
After one wing glued tight, the other side is just flopping in the wind!

Tape and cement

Here it is with wings glued, and rest of it taped for a test fit.  minus the tail that needs tape, its did go together ok, just a lot of pressing, cement and tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment