Friday, June 14, 2013

Hello everyone,

So here is a model that I started back in February and am still working on SLOWLY.  It is a dragon kit Dragon SU-100 (SU-85M Premium Edition) Kit 6415 WIP .  I also have this work posted on AK Interactive forums.  I like these guys, ALOT.  Great company, great people, and great forum users.  If you are interested, definitely visit their website and buy their products, they are top notch and affordable.  Anyway...

This is the first model I decided to try Mig's color modulation technique in full.  I purchased the Soviet modulation set to try it out.  It requires a lot of patience and determination to do it right.  Lots of masking and color changes, but if done, makes the model look great!  I will post here what I have to date.  You can see how the model started off, and how it's progressing. The last photo shows the start of the weathering.  Controlled washes, streaking etc.  More to come...

I like this Dragon model.  Has options to build it as an SU-85 or SU-100.  I Chose the SU-100.  I had a Rubio 100mm SU-100 barrel from a previous SU-85 kit that I had from Dragon that I was going to convert to a SU-100.  So instead of using the provided plastic barrel, I opted to go this route.  I'll use that older SU-85 kit to model something destroyed and use the provided aluminum barrel from this newer Dragon kit.  See, things work out sometimes.

Products used:

Pro Weld (gluing agent)
Squadron Green Putty
Vallejo Primer
AK Interactive Soviet Modulation Set
AK Interactive Track and Wheel Set
AK Interactive streaking, washes, and pigments

Yes yes yes, I know, it's like an AK Interactive (Now AMMO of Mig) add, but I promise it isn't.  Just wanted to use their products.  They really are awesome. 














No comments:

Post a Comment