I then decided that the kit link and length tracks SUCK! So I decided to upgrade. I did not want to spend any more money on this kit. It is old, I have had it for 10 years and really just wanted it built, but I would like it to look nice. So I grabbed the kit tracks from the older Dragon 250/1 Alt. They are individual link. I did however want something workable, which these are not. BUT, I figured out a way to make then workable! Here are some photos.
I set up some Tamiya tape and started lining tracks links up. then, I started CAREFULLY applying a DOT of glue with the Tamiya Extra Thin cement to the center hole that the track pad fits in. Once the cement is applied, I place the pad. After a few minutes its all set to go and its 100% workable!
Then, I started going through my old parts stash. I found an old 250/9 Tamiya etched brass set. I will be taking off items I can use. Here is the first piece that will help spruce this model up a bit.