Monday, June 6, 2016

Games Work Shop Miniature: Special Edition Warhammer Empire Fire Mage

A number of years ago, I purchased the new Warhammer Army box of the newly reengineered Empire army.  It was a nice deal, plus 20% off!  Can't beat that.  Within that box, was a special character that was a limited edition, a Fire Mage!  Kinda cool. 

I have had him primed and sitting on my painting station for YEARS not knowing what to do with him.  Finally, a few weeks ago, I had inspiration and I actually painted him in 3 days.  I used Citadel paints, shades, and Reaper MSP paints. 

I did not want to paint him the way the box art depicted him.  I mean it was ok, but I wanted something different.  So this is what I came up with.  Hope you like.


 
This is the first time I have painted fire on a miniature, or on anything actually.  I used the shades on the model, especially the fire.  I used yellow, orange, red and even black shades to enhance the colors. 
 
All I need to do is add static grass on the base and I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment