Wednesday, February 18, 2015

New Build: Eduard Mig-21 PF 1/48 GROUP BUILD

I joined a group build on a Face Book modeling group I belong to.  The subject was ANYTHING THAT FLEW DURING THE VIETNAM CONFLICT.  So, a month + later, one of the guys made a Beautiful Skyhawk.  I was inspired to join the build, EVEN THOUGH I haven't 100% finished my D7, but that's another story. 

I chose a Vietnamese Mig-21 PF as my subject, an Eduard model in 1/48th.  Here is the progress so far.  Since Friday night when I got the model in the mail, I have logged about 27 hours.  And I am STILL not even up to exterior paint. Man I am slow as sh......

This is my first jet since I was 14 or 15 and my first 1/48 scale since then as well.  Also my first NMF on the aircraft sine I brush painted a 1/48 B-29 when I was 16!  This s going to be fun.  This build ends last day of February!  I better hurry. 




 Tiny parts in this kit


These files work GREAT.  Looks like almost no seam line and I used 0 filler.  Just Tamiya Thin Adhesive.

My first time EVER pushing metal paints through my air brush.  Used VJ Air paints thinned quite a bit with Ammo of Mig acrylic thinner, Not bad!

Dry Fitting

I think this is wrong.  The color guide shows green, but this looks wrong to me. 

Cockpit

I used the PE for the panel and then I used Ammo of Mig clear paints.  Looks great!

Exhaust Steel colored and Blue filter used. 


Landing gear housing, lightly washed. 

Dark washed the exhaust and ready for glue.

Glued! Also nose cone painted and chipped. 


Top of wings DO NOT fit right up against the fuselage.  WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment