Thursday, February 4, 2016

New Arrivals from Badger Air Brushes

My new airbrushes came in.  I ordered two, a general purpose brush and a more modeling specific brush.  The Badger Patriot Pro 105 and the Badger Renegade Krome arrived yesterday.  I chose these for the following reasons:

1. The Patriot 105 is an excellent gen purp airbrush.  It can base coat and also do medium details, perfect for armor and airplanes. 
2. Easy to maintain and much more affordable than other premium brands
3. Great reviews.
4. The Krome also is a great brush.  This one is dual purpose, with 2 needles and 2 nozzles.  I plane to use it for the finer spraying in this configuration with the ultra fine set up. 
5.  This is my 2nd Krome.  I had received an older one from my friend Iain from Ammo paints and used it for years.  I am sending it back for repairs and to be tuned up.  When it comes back home, it will be my back up until it is time to train my 3 kids, then it will be their brush.
6. The Krome was designed for the modeler in mind.  It is an older Renegade, with newer items and options on it that many users had recommended of the Renegade. 
7.  Both brushes are Badger and they have one of the BEST customer service in the business and are AMERICAN made.  I was super happy with my first Krome, so I will continue using Badger. 

I added quick disconnects to all my air brushes.

So these are all my brushes, MINUS my first Krome which is boxed up ready to be mailed out.  The Brush on the bottom left is new too, It's a Badger 100 LG.  I bought it cause I wanted a really big needled airbrush for primers, some times base coats and clear coats, BUT it is old tech from Badger.  So far I am NOT happy with it. It could be I haven't really gotten he hang of it properly, so I will give it more time before I send it back to Badger for a looksee. 
 
The brushes on the right are my FIRST brushes.  They are an Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS and an HP-C.  The BCS is a siphon style airbrush, my first airbrush when I got back into modeling in 1996.  The HP-C was my fine work brush.  It is a nice brush, but both of them need serious repairs and tuning up.  I need to find a good place to bring them.  The other problem with Iwata is parts are expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment